Advanced driver assistance systems including semi-automatic lane change

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra L
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The new Astra’s architecture also incorporates the latest automated driver assistance systems. In addition to the multifunction camera in the windscreen, the technology comprises four body cameras (one at the front, one at the rear and one on each side), five radar sensors (one at the front and one at each corner), as well as ultrasonic sensors front and rear.

Cameras and sensors are integrated with e-horizon connectivity in Intelli-Drive, which extends the range of the cameras and the radar. This enables the system to adapt the speed in curves, make speed recommendations and perform semi-automatic lane changes. Hands-off detection on the steering wheel ensures the driver remains engaged at all times.

The long list of automated driver assistance systems also includes adaptive cruise control, which increases or decreases speed to follow the vehicle ahead – without exceeding the set speed – and can brake to a standstill if necessary. With the automatic transmission, driving resumes automatically thanks to “Stop & Go”.

The offer of class-leading assistance systems additionally features a large Intelli-HuD head-up display, long-range blind-spot detection, Intelli-Vision 360o camera for easier parking, extended traffic sign recognition, rear cross-traffic alert and active lane positioning, which keeps the car in the middle of the driving lane.

VAUXHALLREVEALSALL-NEWASTRA(15).jpg

Millerman001

Post by Millerman001 »

Evening all, I am waiting for a PHEV Ultimate and experiencing the usual as others are, bought it July 22 and delivery supposed to be January, then march and now end of may but there you go. When I bought the Astra although not in the specific brochure at the time there was a lot in the promos etc on intellidrive 2.0 and arriving from the summer 22 but it has completely disappeared but Opel still has it as an offering for their Astra, I did ask the question why to the dealer recently but felt a bit fobbed off so was wondering whether anyone on here knew anything as to why it hasn’t been added to the Vauxhall Astra.
Spiral2

Post by Spiral2 »

Millerman001 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:16 pm I did ask the question why to the dealer recently but felt a bit fobbed off so was wondering whether anyone on here knew anything as to why it hasn’t been added to the Vauxhall Astra.
My dealership told me about this last year - they said it was due to the processor shortage, Vauxhall/Opel ditched some of the features which required extra chips in order to bring production forward a bit faster.

(It also means the "won't let you exceed the speed limit" feature is dropped, but I doubt many people will moan about that!)