Firmware Updates What's new or changed ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra L
aTOMBristol

Post by aTOMBristol »

Hi,

Today finally our first firmware update arrived OTA.
It was like 150Mb and it took my car for 30 minutes to get updated.
The new firmware is NHW.1.20.92.25 .

I just drove it a bit after the update, but currently I cannot identify any changes at all.
Unfortunately Vauxhall/Opel does not share any information about updates on their site either.

Please write it here in comments if you got a firmware update and what changes you found after the installation.

Thanks

srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

Hi there,

Mine got that update also but I'd only picked the car up that day from the dealer so haven't a clue what was changed.

Stevie
PXProgrammer

Post by PXProgrammer »

Hello,

My car has done a couple of updates recently (as well as several to the phone App)
My car is currently showing 1.20.93.7

the previous phone app update stopped comms to the car saying "server error" but the latest app update sorted this.

Since I have had the car, it has only recorded 3 journeys in the App. I had the app for my Citroen previously and that worked great for a couple of years but stopped working several months before I got rid of it.
srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

Have you tried opening the app before you drive off? Does it say connected along the top. Mine stopped connecting a one stage but I removed the car and added it again and it started working. Restored all the drive data as well.
If you happen to use an iPhone I can recommend creating a shortcut so that it automatically runs the app whenever Carplay is connected. I sometimes forgot to run the app first which is a pain to do and creating a shortcut does that now. Occasionally misses a journey but for the most part ok. Pictures have uploaded in the wrong order but you get the idea.

IMG_6804.png

IMG_6803.png

IMG_6802.png

PXProgrammer

Post by PXProgrammer »

Hello , thank you for the info, I will try taking the car off the APP as you suggest.

I had the same App for my previous citreon and that didn't need to be running. I have run the app up before the journey but it made no difference. I have now recorded 4 journeys since I have had the car.

One of the journeys it did record was a short all electric one, it just said infinite MPG but didn't display the miles per KWH
MELenium2000

Post by MELenium2000 »

I was having the same problem using the app and I sent an email to customer support and they replied yesterday with the following:

"Recently few new updates were released for the app, please update it and that should fix the issue for you"

I have not yet tried it to see if it does work.
srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

Mine still works around 90% of time, even with the shortcut running. I had a visually identical app for my last Peugeot and it was equally temperamental.
Filoo11

Post by Filoo11 »

Hi, I also still have the NHW.1.20.93.07 firmware today.
Is this correct or have other updates been released? thank you so much for your time
Andyec

Post by Andyec »

EDITED: Information now found in the systems menu

Hi read with interest about firmware updates.

Would anyone be able to tell me how to check to see if mine is upto date?