MyVauxhall App Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra L
palpeh

Post by palpeh »

Hey all,

Has anybody had any luck with getting the MyVauxhall app working? I've subscribed to the Remote Control service but I keep getting a message at the top saying "Turn off your engine for 5 minutes, allow data sharing in your vehicle then make a 15 minutes journey". I do exactly this and it still doesn't fix it. I've confirmed I'm connected to the car and tried factory resetting the car and uninstalling the app but nothing works.

If anybody has any insight it would be appreciated. Cheers.

Xero

Post by Xero »

I had issues getting it up and running too, but works fine now. It just took the service a little bit of time to fully activate.

If you go to https://connect.vauxhall.co.uk/, does the E-Remote Control service say 'Active'?

If it's active, make sure Privacy mode is turned off in the car so it can connect to the service.
srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

I’ve found it funny for me as well. Even when you get it installed and working the app needs to be opened at the start of every journey
eliza70

Post by eliza70 »

Experiencing issues with the MyVauxhall app? Rest assured, your feedback matters. Don't hesitate to reach out to Vauxhall's customer support team for assistance. They're dedicated to providing a seamless user experience and will work diligently to resolve any concerns you may have. Your satisfaction is their priority. Gb Whatsapp Pro Download
Last edited by eliza70 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
PXProgrammer

Post by PXProgrammer »

Hello,

I have to have the app open for it to record a journey. I used to have the same app for a Citroen and that would remember 4 or 5 journeys and download when the phone was next in the car.

When I do get a journey it is useless as if I have only used electric , for the consumption it says infinite mpg. This should say something like 2.8KWH/ mile, to give me an idea of the miles per KWH rather than miles per gallon.

Regards
LythamChristopher

Post by LythamChristopher »

I’m having problems with this app. I get a message saying login successful but the when I press the ok button an error message ooos up saying something has gone wrong. Please contact MyVauxhall. I have done on numerous occasions without a response at all Not even the promised confirmation email. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or not.
Any help will be appreciated very much.
Chris

IMG_2942.png

aTOMBristol

Post by aTOMBristol »

It's still a rubbish app.
It looks every time a same result.
Today before I left I connected my android phone to the car via cable and android auto. Then I started the myVauxhall app.
All looks good app sees my car. It says it's connected.
1 hour later I arrive to my destination. Switch off the car take my phone.
Phone says one new trip recorded. Then I start my Vauxhall app. It somehow changed to French. And no recording.
I restart the app. Came back to English but no record of my drinking today.
Crap absolutely rubbish
herry16

Post by herry16 »

issues with the MyVauxhall app can be frustrating. Ensure your app is updated and try troubleshooting steps like reinstalling or clearing cache. Contacting Vauxhall's customer support for tailored assistance might swiftly resolve any technical glitches, restoring seamless functionality to the app.
MELenium2000

Post by MELenium2000 »

Hi
The app has got to be one of worst if not the worst and I have found that customer support is a waste of time. You think that it is working fine one minute then the next time it has not logged any of your journeys. It seems to work better if you have the app open when you start your car.
You should not have to do this but there is a free app called Macrodroid where you can set up various things automatically. So I have set this up to have myvauxhall start up when you enter your car so that you don't need to keep remembering to turn your app on.
It is very easy to use, you set up triggers then set up your actions and that's about it. I have only tried it a couple of times but it did work.
There is a video on there website showing how it all works.

Here is a screenshot of how I have set it up on my phone.

Screenshot_20240415-000323_MacroDroid.jpg

ukahg

Post by ukahg »

When I tried to enable the connected services, they went into an 'activation' process, but after several days the status changed to 'terminated'. Only two of the connected services would allow me to re-activate but were still sitting in 'activation in progress' status.

I kept getting emails stating "Please be aware that the Connected Services on your vehicle cannot be activated until you have completed the journey – that is the pairing between the phone and the car within our app. You currently have 27 day left to complete this. After this time, the contract will be cancelled with no charge".

I ended up contacting Vauxhall support via https://vauxhall.my-customerportal.com/ ... ge=en_GB#1 and after a couple of weeks of back and forth sending screenshots and generally jumping through hoops, it all started working without me doing much at all.

I hope this helps...
Astra hatchback Ultimate, 1.5 litres of pure diesel power! :lol:

So far the best fuel consumption achieved (on a 100 mile run on the A1 at 70mph) was 65.7mpg.