Tyred of it

All Vauxhall Astra L related discussions
Nandos23

Post by Nandos23 »

Had my hybrid Astra for nearly 2 years now, done around 25000 miles and just had my 6th tyre change in that time.

I know that electric cars are slightly heavier so more wear is to be expected, and the roads around me are pretty shocking, but our tyre indicator light is continuously coming on and our tyres are dropping pressure.

I am inflating the tyres nearly every week, sometimes more when I’m travelling longer journeys.

Has anyone else had issues with tyres?

srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

That sounds like really bad wear and you really shouldn't have to inflate your tyres so often. What size wheels? Are the tyres wearing eveningly and do you mean you've replaced six tyres or 6 sets?
Nandos23

Post by Nandos23 »

In the less than 2 years we’ve had it, 6 tyres have been replaced. Main issue to replace the tyres is sidewall damage both inside and outside the wheel, and there’s been evidence of ‘under inflation’ on the drivers front tyre at a recent vehicle inspection.
I’ve booked it into a Vauxhall garage again, hoping they can see if there’s an underlying cause. Still under warranty so anything other than tyres should be fixable.
srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

I've only 8k miles on mine so far but I know my previous cars needed fronts every 10k or so and the rears at around 20k and that was without punctures which I seem to be good at getting.