7KW onboard charger?

All Vauxhall Astra L related discussions
PXProgrammer

Post by PXProgrammer »

I ordered my Astra sports tourer hybrid September 2022 and it arrived July 2023.
The only "extra" was a towbar, which I think is prepped at the factor then dealer fitted.
I had only ever charged on a 3 pin plug unit (5 hours at 10A for a full charge) until the weekend when I plugged into a 7KW podpoint at a car park.
The car took 84% charge in about an hour and a half saying it was charging at over 12 miles an hour, with a full charge in 1 hour 55minutes.

The standard onboard charger , I think is 3.7KW (3 hours 30minutes for a full charge) with an option (£500+ VAT) for a 7KW charger which charges in 1 hour 55 minutes.
It looks like I must have the 7KW charger , which is a bonus but is there a way to physically check what is fitted?

Has anyone else got the "bonus" 7KW charger built in?

Thanks

Spiral2

Post by Spiral2 »

Interesting! I ordered the 7kW charger for my hybrid hatchback - ordered Feb 22, finally delivered Apr 23, and I was the only one to order that option by the time my car was delivered. It's not helped by the weird way the dealership had to order the car: they got me to log on to the Vauxhall store via their PC, and at the time there was no option to tick for the charger. They had to put through a manual note with the order, but it did the trick.

You have the 7kW charger by the sounds of it. When I charged my battery this morning (having driven 100 miles, it was at 0%) it charged at 16mph, the estimated charge time eventually settled at 1h 55.