Media, drivers and heads up screens all died

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra L
Greeeem

Post by Greeeem »

Sorry to hear that Retro89. Do you know how they (if they did) fix the other Astra they had in.

Retro89

Post by Retro89 »

Greeeem wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:15 am Sorry to hear that Retro89. Do you know how they (if they did) fix the other Astra they had in.
Other Astra same issue as mine, so that's still in. Last update i had (early last week) was they are waiting on a module which is going to take 3+ weeks to arrive, they then have to take the entire dash out to replace the part. Even then they said it's not guaranteed to fix the issue.
Greeeem

Post by Greeeem »

Hi Retro89,

What is the latest with your car (and the other Astra)?

The latest with my car and the blacking out dash, is that Vauxhall advised the dealer to apply a software update which has been applied with two different sets of guidance and my car has rejected it multiple times! Dealer has gone back to Vauxhall and awaiting a response/more guidance.

Are Vauxhall/the dealer providing you a hire car or covering the cost?

Thanks,

Graeme
Retro89

Post by Retro89 »

Greeeem wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:37 pm Hi Retro89,

What is the latest with your car (and the other Astra)?

The latest with my car and the blacking out dash, is that Vauxhall advised the dealer to apply a software update which has been applied with two different sets of guidance and my car has rejected it multiple times! Dealer has gone back to Vauxhall and awaiting a response/more guidance.

Are Vauxhall/the dealer providing you a hire car or covering the cost?

Thanks,

Graeme
10 Weeks mine has been in, 14 weeks for the other Astra. They've dismantled the car several times, changed parts and the system is still refusing to work. Two different system updates direct from Vauxhall have been tried and failed. Basically waiting on the IT boffins at Vauxhall to come up with software that works which there's no ETA on.

I'm a Motability customer so they've provided me a courtesy car. Probably going to be cancelling my lease so i can order another car.
Retro89

Post by Retro89 »

At the 3 months point now. Still no ETA on a fix.
PXProgrammer

Post by PXProgrammer »

Hello,

I had the sat nav (left) screen go blank followed by the drives screen whilst I was driving. The car kept driving as normal but without anything on the dash board.
After about 10 seconds it all booted back up again and has been OK since. My Astra ST hybrid was new July last year, I guess it must be missing the above recalls?
Spiral2

Post by Spiral2 »

PXProgrammer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:43 pm I had the sat nav (left) screen go blank followed by the drives screen whilst I was driving. The car kept driving as normal but without anything on the dash board.
After about 10 seconds it all booted back up again and has been OK since. My Astra ST hybrid was new July last year, I guess it must be missing the above recalls?
That happened to me once - just the once - on the way into work last year, when the car was around 4 months old. It was quite disconcerting losing all instruments while doing 70 on a dual carriageway. Thankfully the mechanical side of things carried on working just fine. It reminded me of what happened when the embedded Windows CE crashed on my old Corsa - the infotainment screen would vanish, then the whole lot would reboot. I'd bet it's something similar in the Astra's case, only with the computer showing much more than just the temperature and the radio station - it has a bigger effect.

Since then I've had two over-the-air updates, and today the car's gone in for its first service. They showed a sheaf of paperwork listing all the various recalls which they have to apply, albeit I only got a brief look! There was something do with the brakes on there as well, and the chap who took the keys said they have to do quite a lot on that first service. It also seems there are software updates to be applied that aren't, and never have been, available over-the-air.

It remains to be seen when I get the car back, hopefully it'll be the same day as usual with that dealership.

(And those updates make me realise that going somewhere other than a mainline dealer could be "fun" in the future...)

EDIT: It's back, and very shiny due to the free car wash they give, but aside from a printed checklist of generic things they went through - no detailed notes on what's been patched/checked on the recalls. It's a shame you don't get "patch notes" for cars!
Retro89

Post by Retro89 »

4 Months now its been in. Parts apparently arrived yesterday but won't be installed until next week.
srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

That's ridiculous. Are you considering a move to something else?
Retro89

Post by Retro89 »

srscott44 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:10 pm That's ridiculous. Are you considering a move to something else?
So it's a Motability car and they've already terminated the lease because it's been in for repairs for so long. Already ordered a new car (Renault Austral) but while i wait for that i still "own" the Astra.

Went to have a nosey at my Astra yesterday, they've popped it in a corner and looks a right state so i'm expecting it to be handed back in a spotless condition but who knows with my local dealership, awful service from them and it's put me off for life from dealing with them ever again.