Alarm system

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra L
Dlangers

Post by Dlangers »

Hi does anybody actually know how to lock and set the alarm on the new Astra.
The handbook is very vague as to how to do it.
Problem is the alarm keeps going off whenever I lock the car either by touching the handle or by walking away.
If I switch the interior motion switch of it seems ok?????
I have also found if you hold the fob lock button down for a few seconds it seems to switch something by flashing the lights for about 10secs.
Any help would be gratefully accepted thanks. :roll:

kzaruz

Post by kzaruz »

As far as I'm aware, and I've only tested part of it:

- Walking away from the car (e.g. using keyless lock), does not trigger the alarm. I tested this myself and it does not trigger.
- You can either tap the lock part on the key then tap it again right away to set the alarm, or you can hold the door lock in and it will also trigger the lock. The hazards should stay solid for a few seconds after locking to confirm alarm is set.

You can also check alarm is set by the interior motion switch - if it is flashing red when locked, the alarm is activated.

These are the only ways I've checked regarding the alarm. If I don't need my alarm set I just walk away to lock the car, but if I want it locked I'll hold in the keyless entry part of the door handle until the windows go in and the hazards flash.

If it's OK when you leave the interior motion switch off, I would only assume there's something inside triggering it?
Dlangers

Post by Dlangers »

Ok that’s great thanks it’s more or less what I do it’s just that I wasn’t sure how you actually set the alarm.
TrumpetBoy

Post by TrumpetBoy »

Quick question (hopefully) for anybody who has the new Astra (I have ultimate but not sure that affects this at all). Is there any way to TURN off the keyless entry? I keep my keys in my pocket so as not to lose them and every time I walk past the side of the car it unlocks, then locks, then unlocks, then locks. You get the idea! When I put the bins out this happens at least three times! To be honest I would rather just lock and unlock the car using the buttons on the fob but I cannot find any option. Help - has anybody got any thoughts on this?

I have tried locking with the key etc and it does not change. I also cannot figure out why the door handle has a touch control on it if the car is already unlocked before I can actually touch it. Hope it is just me.
Deleted User 154

Post by Deleted User 154 »

Initially my dealer suggested that Passive Entry (keyless entry) could be disabled but a subsequent visit to the service department proved that this is not the case.
I recently had a software upgrade conducted by the dealer which took 6.5 hours to download and had hoped that the upgrade may enable Passive Entry to be disabled but sadly no luck.
I have noticed on my GS Line hybrid that if I inadvertently lock the car with the key fob the alarm goes off within the next five minutes.
Rick241981

Post by Rick241981 »

Hi, I’ve just picked up an Astra ultimate yesterday and agree with the posts about the lack of options with keyless entry. From what I’ve read, the doors unlock on approach into zone two (closest zone to the car) and lock when out of zone one (furthest zone from the car). If the keys remain within zone one for more than 15 mins, the auto unlock disables so it then won’t open automatically when you enter zone two. You must then unlock with the key, but what’s strange is that you can still unlock with the door button.

My car is parked on my drive close to my house, my keys are left on the other side of the wall closet to the car which is within zone one, so i can stilll open my car with the door button even though the keys are in my house. Vauxhall need to add some options around this to toggle auto unlock and auto lock on/off and the ability to set the drivers button unlock on or off. Or even just to activiate the unlock button in zone two only so you need to be right next to the car with keys before you can unlock.

Anyone know if Vauxhall have a suggestions form or similar as seems easy enough to do this by a software update.