Next-generation Pure Panel digital cockpit with fully-glazed option

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra L
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The same technical precision applies throughout the interior where the absolute highlight is the next generation of the Pure Panel, first introduced in the Mokka. This expansive, digital cockpit (optionally fully glazed) features two 10-inch displays, seamlessly integrated – together with the driver’s side air vent – in a horizontal format. Thanks to a shutter-like layer that prevents upward reflections in the windscreen, the design dispenses with a hood over the displays, which further enhances the high-tech functionality and ambience.

With the physical controls reduced to the minimum in the form of finely crafted keys, the Pure Panel achieves the optimum balance between digitisation and intuitive operation, detoxed of irritating visual stimuli and without the need for sub-menus. There is no need for cables either, since the infotainment system – which can be operated by voice recognition as well as by touch – can be connected as standard on all model variants to wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto via compatible smartphones.

VAUXHALLREVEALSALL-NEWASTRA(11).jpg

VAUXHALLREVEALSALL-NEWASTRA(12).jpg

Premkn

Post by Premkn »

Is the Pure Panel/digital cockpit only going to be available on this new Astra model, the new Grandland X which was released a few days before doesn’t seem to have any of these features. I currently have an Astra K, but my PCP deal finishes in December, I did want to upgrade to an SUV, but this looks very tempting.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

As far as I know the Grandland is just a facelift whereas this is a full new model which is why I think its different.