Astra GS Line 1.2 Petrol - Electric Yellow

New to the Vauxhall Astra L Forums? Introduce yourself here
GTKnutsford

Post by GTKnutsford »

Astra L.jpg

I have had my new Astra for about four weeks now and love it.

I opted for the 1.2L petrol GS-line in electric yellow with black roof. It looks smart from every angle and gets more comments than any other car I have owned. Very pleased.

Kwozzii

Post by Kwozzii »

Nice looking car - must say I prefer the optional 18" wheels to the standard 17" ones. How are you finding it now that you've had it for a while?
GTKnutsford

Post by GTKnutsford »

I still love it two-months on. The electric yellow continues to look great, even at the end of the week before being washed. This is the first car I have owned that turns heads and I have had many people ask me what it is and to have a look inside. I have been getting fuel economy rates up to 64.1mpg, more realistically around the 60mpg as I tend to do longer journeys. The adaptive cruise control takes a little getting used to but, I have learned when to pause it to avoid over-cautious braking. The voice recognition isn't quite as intuitive as the previous model so I hope it will learn (as I probably will too) as time goes by. The seats are really comfortable, especially on long journeys and the heated seats work well by actually warming the lower back rather than making you feel as though you have wet yourself. One of the best features is the birds' eye view when parking. I have been able to park in the tightest of spots with relative ease. I drove with the family (four adults) on an 80 mile journey and back this weekend and everyone hade enough room and was comfortable. So, I remain very happy with my choice and can't wait to see more on the road.
thenickofit

Post by thenickofit »

Certainly is a head turner! Loving the looks I'm getting whilst driving through town and even noticed the couple in the car behind me remarking about the top brake light haha!