Hello and questions

New to the Vauxhall Astra L Forums? Introduce yourself here
WayneB

Post by WayneB »

Hello

I just bought an Astra 1.6T 2011 from a lying SOB from the bad part of town. Now there are some issues with the car I need to sort out but I'm having trouble on my own, I need help.

There were no roof gutter trims on it when I bought it. I noticed it but I assumed it would be an easy thing to source, turns out not. Does anyone know if the GTC trims will fit onto the regular astra? There seem to be some sets of these on ebay. Otherwise is there aywhere else I can buy something like this? Or will the trims from another model/generation fit? With the trims off am I going to start getting water in the car? I don't see any water marks on the ceiling, :(

I'm having this problem with the central locking. The guy is blaming the key fob but I think it's the car. If left for too long you can't use the remote central locking you have to put the key in the door (setting off the alarm, which is starting to annoy me). Once the car has been turned on the central locking works via the fob fine, but some time later (not sure how long) it goes back to not working. as anyone come accross this before? I've tried resetting the fob by putting the key in the ignition and pressing the buttons (the central locking activated by itself after I withdrew the key from the ignition so I assume the reset was successful, but it didn't solve the problem).

I'm only getting about 32 to 35 mpg on the open road, is this the best I can hope for?

Sorry for bombarding with questions, but I'm enjoying driving the car and I don't want to feel regret for buying a bunch of problems that are going to cost a fortune to fix.