Vauxhall axes diesel Astra

The place to discuss everything else..
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The Vauxhall Astra is no longer available with a diesel engine due to reduced demand for the fuel in the UK, the brand has confirmed.

In a statement supplied to Autocar, Vauxhall said: “Vauxhall is moving to being an electric-only brand by 2028 and has already streamlined its powertrain offering to focus on electrified variants. Diesel represented 6% of the C-hatch market in 2022. Astra and Astra Sports Tourer remain available in petrol, plug-in hybrid and will shortly launch a fully electric variant.”

Existing orders for the diesel Astra will still be fulfilled.

Spiral2

Post by Spiral2 »

There have been more changes other than just the diesel being dropped.

Hybrids have all gone up £500 since January.
Petrol models have all gone up £1020 (!) since January.

The Sports Tourer is now available in Ultimate trim as well as GS.

IntelliDrive 2.0 has reappeared - that's the one with the mandatory speed limit enforcement and automated lane-change assist.

And last, but not least, it's now just the Astra rather than the All-new Astra!

(When I ordered my Ultimate hybrid in Feb 22, the list price was £35,315. It's now £40,900, a rise of £5,585, or just under 16%.
That's one way to save money on a new car, I guess, but I wouldn't recommend the 14-month wait I've had!)
srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

Funny I'd noticed that I couldn't order a new diesel although my dealer never mentioned it when I picked my car up. Would it be wishful thinking to think our cars will be worth more in the future?! Diesel cars are still king where I live in rural Northern Ireland and the charge infrastructure is practically useless.