No Pure Panel Pro - £150 refund

All Vauxhall Astra L related discussions
Kwozzii

Post by Kwozzii »

Hello all, just had a call about the GS-Line Sports Tourer that I ordered beginning of March.
What they’re saying is that at the time I ordered it was specified with the Pure Panel Pro screens - now they’re saying that Vauxhall aren’t fitting these now so just getting the regular Pure Panel which is what’s fitted to all the new Astras I’ve seen anyway.
To get to the point, they told me that customers who ordered an Astra with PPP are getting a refund of £150 if they still want the car.
Don’t know if this applies to people that have already got their cars…..
Still no build or delivery date for mine though…

Kwozzii

Command_F

Post by Command_F »

Silence from the dealer on our order. The 27th May brochure (that was the current download from Vauxhall when we ordered in July) has no mention of the Pure Panel Pro, it lists two 10" Pure Panels for Design, GS Line and Ultimate specs. I presume that brochure would be the basis for our order.

There is still mention of the 12" Pro displays in recent reviews (eg https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhall/ ... 022-review) for 2023 model year (MY23) cars but that may just be the journalists restating what they were told previously. It could easily be a supply chain issue, confusion with Opel versions or just a change of plan.

Many of the graphics on both screens looked a bit under-designed to me so I wonder if there might be a software update even if the screens don't change. Does anyone know when the MY23 cars become the standard? Production usually cuts over well in advance of the calendar year in my (limited) experience.
Kwozzii

Post by Kwozzii »

Nothing from my dealer either other than the call about the screens. Anticipated collection date according to the email I got when I ordered is 19/09-03/10 but can’t see that happening …
TrumpetBoy

Post by TrumpetBoy »

Just wanted to ask what spec people were actually receiving. I ordered my ultimate / leather back in Feb 22 and am still waiting. Originally the brochure said Pure Panel Pro but like this original poster I have noticed this changing to the basic Pure Panel then back to the Pro version. Given the brochure changed before my car was built I live in hope but who knows!

Whilst I know I have little control over this I do have a morbid curiosity as the Pro looks way better.

So go on. If anybody here has picked up a new ultimate (one that was built for you not one that was on a forecourt from an earlier build) which spec of Pure Panel is the car actually being delivered
TrumpetBoy

Post by TrumpetBoy »

4.jpg

All very exciting - my car has made it to the dealership awaiting its VX Protect coating. They did confirm (with pictures as I refused to believe them!) that it came with the pure panel pro. Thank goodness for that!
aTOMBristol

Post by aTOMBristol »

Hi,

Sorry for my confusion but I could not find clear answer to clarify.
What is the difference between normal screen and Pure Panel Pro? How will I know what they put into my car?

Also about waiting time. I heard that the Astra Tourer is not even started to got built at all. I am waiting almost an year for my Astra Tourer PHEV. :( But no estimate yet.
TrumpetBoy

Post by TrumpetBoy »

In terms of functionality there is no difference I believe.

According to the RAC review "these 10-inch displays feature the brand's more sophisticated-looking 'Pure Panel Pro' arrangement where the screen surrounds are fully glazed."

Instead of the piano black surround to each screen there is a single glass front.
srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

So would mine be the Pro panel?

IMG_6209.jpeg

Kwozzii

Post by Kwozzii »

Yes yours is Pure Panel Pro, on the non-pro version the screen aren't fully covered like yours are.
(This is just a picture I found online)

yeni-opel-astra-165625.jpg

srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

Some difference! Far nicer. Yours should hopefully get the Pro as well I’d hope