Climate Control Issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra L
lfin386

Post by lfin386 »

Sorry to see you leave spikey2059 as have found your comments useful. Good luck with your Grandland & hope you did not lose too much in PX (assuming you don't still have both!)
Must admit that much as I love my Astra PHEV I am very disappointed by the range & wish I had saved myself £ thousands & bought the petrol version
Like you I have raised the issue with Vauxhall with no response so far
I have not heard from anyone else on the forum with similar problems , so wonder if other members might share their electric range ?

Lappers

Post by Lappers »

Mine is showing a range of about 30 miles on a full charge but have only done about 200 miles in total so probably a bit early to come to any conclusions. The climate control does seem to swap over as well but have decided it’s beetle to sync both sides as I can’t be bothered at the moment to complain about it!
Deleted User 154

Post by Deleted User 154 »

Ifin386 - Fortunately the PX for the Astra was not too painful. The fact that Lappers is achieving a range of 30 miles puts it all into perspective. I have to call into the dealer later this morning so will have a chat with the service manager to check if they actually found a fault with my old Astra. When I took my car in last Tuesday it was achieving a range of 8 miles. When I went in on Wednesday to remove my personal items from the car I noticed that it was indicating a range of 19 miles so they have obviously made some limited progress.
lfin386

Post by lfin386 »

I have had a response from VX Customer Services who didn't give me a clear answer to the range problem ( except the usual will improve with weather excuse) but did advise that my car had several updates that needed doing by the dealership. He was vague about what they were for and would not say if to do with range problems.
I have booked my car in for later in the month to have them done. I have asked the dealer to check the range issue at the same time - so we will see what happens.
I never thought to ask VX that had I not raised the range problem with them how I would know about the updates.
Lappers range of 30 miles is good and what we should be getting. Would be good if others could share theirs to get a better sample
Deleted User 154

Post by Deleted User 154 »

Vx appear to believe that the limited hybrid range issue is due to a reporting error. In other words the predicted range indicated on the display is less than the actual miles achieved. Before PX the vehicle I monitored the situation recording the actual miles achieved in electric mode and it would appear that in my case the predicted range on the display is approx 3 to 4 miles less than the actual miles achieved. As I previously said the term “Clutching at straws” still comes to mind.
Robbo837

Post by Robbo837 »

Hi, I received the gs line petrol last week. I’m having issues with the climate control switching. Has anyone had a fix from Vauxhall yet
lfin386

Post by lfin386 »

If you only got it last week I assume updates are up to date but worth checking with dealer. When I contacted VX Customer Services on another matter they told me my car needed several updates by the dealer which will take a day to install & I have booked my car in to have these done. They were unable to tell me if the climate control issue was one of them. Knowing Vauxhall, probably not !
EGF

Post by EGF »

Hi. Although I don’t have an Astra I have a grandland x and I’m having exact the same problem. I set the temperature separately drivers and passenger. When I next start the car it has been completely reversed. I guess it’s a Vauxhall fault

Regards
E. Frost