Share order and delivery dates

All Vauxhall Astra L related discussions
Millerman001

Post by Millerman001 »

Badly tbh for me, my dealer has contacted me twice after leaving them messages since I ordered the car, I ordered my Ultimate PHEV in July 22, and have just been told over the last few weeks it should arrive in June at some point according to their computer, well that bloody computer has got it wrong constantly as the first delivery target I had was Jan 23. I don’t trust anything they tell me, probably why they said to you they won’t know until it arrives as that’s probably close to reality…….. :(

Kippers

Post by Kippers »

Millerman001 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:21 pm Badly tbh for me, my dealer has contacted me twice after leaving them messages since I ordered the car, I ordered my Ultimate PHEV in July 22, and have just been told over the last few weeks it should arrive in June at some point according to their computer, well that bloody computer has got it wrong constantly as the first delivery target I had was Jan 23. I don’t trust anything they tell me, probably why they said to you they won’t know until it arrives as that’s probably close to reality…….. :(
Jessssus that’s a long wait☹️
Command_F

Post by Command_F »

kippers said:
Hey everyone, just wondering how you are all being given dates? My dealership says they can’t give me an update until the car arrives with them? Still no word from them as to when that might be and I’ve been given some very vague timescales of 6-9 months.
I have got dates by ringing the dealership. They said the Stellantis (parent company/Peugeot) system gives them a single date, being the forecast delivery to the dealership. It is only updated when it is missed. They expressed frustration with that compared to the "old" Vauxhall system.
So they should be able to give you a date but I have had three now so I wouldn't get too excited; presumably this will all improve as we leave the Covid supply chain disruptions behind (and I have also read rumours that some parts come from Ukraine so they would have been disrupted too).
Spiral2

Post by Spiral2 »

Millerman001 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:21 pm Badly tbh for me, my dealer has contacted me twice after leaving them messages since I ordered the car, I ordered my Ultimate PHEV in July 22, and have just been told over the last few weeks it should arrive in June at some point according to their computer, well that bloody computer has got it wrong constantly as the first delivery target I had was Jan 23. I don’t trust anything they tell me, probably why they said to you they won’t know until it arrives as that’s probably close to reality…….. :(
My ultimate PHEV (which was the first to be ordered at my dealership) was ordered in Feb 22 and finally arrived in April 23.

If yours takes as long, that'd be September this year... hopefully it'll be sooner for you!
Millerman001

Post by Millerman001 »

remember seeing your post earlier on the chat actually about how long yours took, let’s hope it does turn up sooner. I hope it’s worth wait…….oh and I’m looking forward to signing the registration docs following your feedback, so that’ll be interesting.
aTOMBristol

Post by aTOMBristol »

Finally I got the vin or chassy number. I was so happy because somewhere I've been told that with the Vauxhall app I can see the building and delivery process , only I have to add that number.

However my vin number is "not found".
Command_F

Post by Command_F »

A good news update at last: Ultimate Hatch PHEV ordered in July 2022 has finally arrived at the dealership. They said that they had received a lot of cars this past week. Looking forward to seeing/driving it after so long.
aTOMBristol

Post by aTOMBristol »

As I opened this topic I'd like to share our experience.
We ordered the Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer GS Line back in June 2022.
We got a delivery date December 2022.

The car arrived to the dealership on the 30th of Jun 2023. So let's say exactly one year waiting time.

My issue is that there was only GS Line version of ST. And nobody told us that features what we tried are not on the ordered vehicle.
Otherwise we already love the car. Still learning and testing how is the most economical and car friendly driving style.
Command_F

Post by Command_F »

A happy ending! we picked up an Ultimate Hatch PHEV, ordered in July 2022, last Wednesday (a year and a day after it was ordered). First impressions are very good, just as quiet and refined as I remember the test drive.
bprecey

Post by bprecey »

I ordered my Electric Yellow Ultimate PHEV on 19th July 2022.

Promised that I would get this car by late October/Early Nov 22.

In all fairness, the dealership contacted me every couple of weeks to let me know that I still didn’t have a build date. This continued until late April when they finally said that I had a build date of mid to late June with delivery in July 2023. Then in Late June they told me my car was off the build list and we were back to having nothing again.

Last Monday they called and advised that there was still nothing. After waiting a whole year, I told them I wanted to cancel the whole thing and to give my deposit back with interest. I will look elsewhere.

He advised that he would look into that for me. About 2.5hrs later I got another call from the dealership advising that the Branch manager sent a high level email to Vauxhall HQ complaining on mine and their behalf. They quickly came back and advised that they have the exact model and colour sat in Luton. Would I like it? I said, of course but how long. He said I could pick it up that Friday afternoon.

That did end up being the following Tuesday because when they registered the car with Vauxhall, it had a product recall that required a part they didn’t have in stock.

The part was delivered Tuesday morning and they handed it over on the same evening.

I am extremely happy with it. The hybrid battery doesn’t last that long. Definitely not 43 miles. Even on a warm day. Other than that, it’s fab. Definitely one of the best cars I’ve ever had.