Astra L - Android Auto and Driver Display

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra L
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

Hello,
I have a problem with Android Auto and Driver Display.
When I get car in day 1, I can see arrows from android auto (google map) in Driver Display.
But after when I changed Driver Display pages in Customization Menu arrows from Android Auto disappeared and I can`t get it back.

Anyone have this issue?

TrumpetBoy

Post by TrumpetBoy »

Yes I did have this problem. When you say you do not see Andoid auto on your Infotainment screen do you see a Screen Mirror option instead? I did.

To fix this I deleted my Bluetooth connection from the car and then from the phone as well. Then turned the car ignition off and on again.

If you connect your phone to the car again this should be ok. You will get an option to connect with via Bluetooth or Android Auto. Do the latter.

If the connection still does not work then look at the device screen. You will see the phone and, potentially, the option to connect to Android Auto (instead of Bluetooth)
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

May be there is some magic sequence how to connect phone :( I try reconnect phone with ignition off/on but no luck.
Android Auto icon in place:

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-06 at 23.04.24.jpg

But no arrows and range for the next turn in Driver Screen (Left screen) :(

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-06 at 23.04.23.jpg

Crimson

Post by Crimson »

And I bet that it looks like this before I made change in driver screen :)

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-06 at 23.04.21.jpg

I tried:
  • unpair/pair phone
  • connect different phone
  • connect iPhone with CarPlay
  • Delete and recreate profile
  • do Factory reset for multimedia system
no luck :(
TrumpetBoy

Post by TrumpetBoy »

Ah sorry. I missed the point about directions on the driver screen. I don't see that on mine either but had not noticed as I DO see them on the HUD which was what I actually wanted. Sorry I have not been able to assist.
TrumpetBoy

Post by TrumpetBoy »

I had a play with this earlier today and got it working. On the driver display customisation screen I had to add the navigation widget- nothing to do with Android Auto just the normal navigation. When my phone was not connected it showed the normal Tom Tom navigation but when it was connected and Android Auto running it displayed the Android Auto navigation directions instead. Not intuative but good!

Looking at your screen shot it seems to not have the navigation showing however as I cannot see your customisation screen this may be not be the case. Worth checking though.

20230307_091458.jpg

20230307_091453.jpg

Crimson

Post by Crimson »

Wow thx for info... Unfortunately I do not have Build in Navigation so I do not have this widget. But somehow after I get car from dealer it show's...
TrumpetBoy

Post by TrumpetBoy »

Have to confess a little confusion here as all models seem to have the navigation built in (just looking at the brochures now and can see that the Design version has this)?
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

Yes, I also did not immediately understand about the configuration. I was even more struck by the fact that I can not buy Navigation now.
Well... Anyway, I'm very happy with the car.
danym

Post by danym »

Is there any news for this problem?