Climate Control Issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra L
Vauxhallultimate23

Post by Vauxhallultimate23 »

Hi all,

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

I have the Ultimate version of the Astra and my climate control is set so you can change either side individually.

If the passenger sets their side to 21 degrees and the driver sets theirs to 17 degrees then it will work as expected. However once you leave the car and then reenter at another time the temperatures have switched sides and now the 21 degrees is the drivers side and the 17 degrees is passengers side.

Temperatures above are just examples, they can be set to any degrees and they will still switch and will continue to switch each time you leave and re enter the car.

I have taken photos on my phone as I thought I was going mad but I don't understand the logic behind why it would do this.

I have reached out to the dealership with of course no reply and I have read the manual and it doesn't mention this.

Deleted User 154

Post by Deleted User 154 »

I have exactly the same issue on my GS Line hybrid. The dealer recently had my car for 5 days during which time they performed an ECU update but unfortunately this has not resolved the issue. A case has been raised regarding this issue with Vauxhall Customer Care.
Coincidentally I had exactly the same fault on the first of my Grandlands but it was eventually resolved.
Vauxhallultimate23

Thank you for letting me know, I’m not going to lie it’s driving me insane!!

Until I took pictures to prove it everyone thought I was making it up lol
Deleted User 154

My wife always runs at a higher temperature than me so if they don’t fix the climate control fault I will have to look for a lower temperature Mrs.
If it’s OK with you I will mention to Vauxhall that it appears that the fault is not unique to my vehicle and could be more generic.
Vauxhallultimate23

Hahaha! Love it!

And yes of course, I couldn’t find anything online but it does a bigger issue
lfin386

Post by lfin386 »

Never knew this was a problem as my partner is not fussed about temp so tend to keep ours in sync. However decided to test this just now on a short trip out. Low & behold temperatures switched round for our return trip!
If you look at the two temperatures as you switch off you can actually see them switch round!
Not such a concern for me but assume at some stage Vauxhall will issue a fix.
As others I have still not seen another new Astra. This is the nicest (and most expensive!) car I have had but disappointed by the range of only 17miles which hopefully will improve with the warmer weather
Deleted User 154

ifin386, You are absolutely correct regarding the climate control temperature setting scrolling up/down as you press the engine start/stop button.
I will have a word with the Vauxhall Case Manager on Monday morning.
Enjoy your 17 mile range, my range is currently down to 8 miles. The latest suggestion from Vauxhall regarding this issue is that the range display is incorrect and I am actually enjoying a more generous range than indicated. They have asked me to record the actual miles covered before the battery is exhausted.
The term “Clutching at straws” does come to mind.
lfin386

Post by lfin386 »

8 miles is ridiculous & surely can't be right. We have discussed before that even at 0% and 0 miles the car still operated on electric only in hybrid mode somehow. I think you suggested that this may the extra generated by B mode and braking & not recorded. I have not done the maths but getting only 8 or even 17 miles on a charge costing (for me on standard tariff) over £4 would be cheaper to not bother & run on petrol only. This defeats the point of having a PHEV though I suppose!
I am hoping for much better range in the summer
Deleted User 154

Just received a call from the Vx dealer asking me to take the car back in for further investigation re the climate control and the limited electric range issues.
I do have a copy of an email listing what further tests Vx advise should be carried out what potential parts may need replacement.
Unfortunately it will be Tuesday March 28th. before they have a courtesy car available but I will certainly post details of the outcome.
Deleted User 154

Unfortunately I’m unable to give you a definite fix for the climate control and limited hybrid range issues as my dealer in conjunction with Vauxhall are still conducting tests to diagnose the faults. I have finally decided that I have had enough ‘hybrid hassle’ and decided to opt for a petrol vehicle. My first choice would have been an Astra Ultimate but as we all know they are not easy to obtain at the moment. I have therefore picked up a Grandland Ultimate today from dealer stock so no waiting time.
It has been a pleasure to have been a member of this forum for the past three months and I wish all you astra drivers many miles of happy motoring.