Car software recall delay.

All Vauxhall Astra L related discussions
MattAstra

Post by MattAstra »

Hi everyone,

Kinda got a rare situation here with my experience.

Put a £100 deposit down / signed invoice in September at Vauxhall Dealer with the impression bthe car would be ready in Jan.

Chased in January told it would be Feb / Early March.

Car got delivered end of Feb to dealership.

Was meant to sign documents set up PCP plan. However the car unexpectedly got recalled for a software up?

Have chased the dealership on numerous occasions, but getting gate keeped when calling only port of contact seems to be by email. Were all I am getting is a short reply saying the completion will be the following week.

I'm having to chase at the end of that week and it seems to be going around in a circle.

Any advice / Experiences in what I should do?

Deleted User 154

Post by Deleted User 154 »

Which model have you ordered?
My local dealer installed a major software update on my GS Line hybrid in late December. The upgrade took 6.5 hours to download but that may have been due to local internet speeds.
MattAstra

Post by MattAstra »

Hi, I've ordered the Phev GS line. Was delivered to the dealer on the 27th of Feb. But they have been so vauge with why it's been recalled just that it needed a update on the software.
MattAstra

Post by MattAstra »

Update: Back on the wagon from Germany after recall apparently this was due to the entertainment upgrades and cameras.

Should be with me next week?
Deleted User 154

Post by Deleted User 154 »

That’s good news, hope you enjoy the Astra driving experience as much as I do. Let’s see some photos when it arrives.
kzaruz

Post by kzaruz »

MattAstra wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:59 pm Update: Back on the wagon from Germany after recall apparently this was due to the entertainment upgrades and cameras.

Should be with me next week?
I don't have the PHEV model, but I got my Ultimate edition in August 2022. My rear camera was faulty (not sealed properly so water got in) and I got that repaired. Whilst at the dealership, they informed me there was a camera recall (wiring harness apparently).

Possibily was related to that? Took about a day in dealer.
MattAstra

Post by MattAstra »

spikey2059 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:34 am That’s good news, hope you enjoy the Astra driving experience as much as I do. Let’s see some photos when it arrives.
Very excited to get it. Just wish Vaxhuall and the dealership had better communication. :D
thenickofit

Post by thenickofit »

Hey! Mine is booked in for the end of the month for a wishbone bolt recall and as I booked it in they said they'd need it all day for a software update.