Lights on entry

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra L
MrStrudders

Post by MrStrudders »

Hi not sure if I’ve got a bug on the system, but at night I use the key fob to unlock the car most of the time when I press unlock the car unlocks the door mirrors fold out but non of the exterior lights come on, for example the puddle lights, front lights. Yet if I then proceed to immediately I lock the fob and then press unlock again all the lights come on as they should, anyone one else noticed this ? I’ve got the gs line version
Says in the Manuel depending on the daylight depends which lights come on, on a key fob unlock, but like I said most dark nights I press unlock the car unlocks but no lights come on.

MELenium2000

Post by MELenium2000 »

I believe in the personal settings under lights there is an option to have them on or off. Not sure if that could be the cause.
MrStrudders

Post by MrStrudders »

The system only has settings to keep lights on for 15- 30- 60 secs after turning ignition off, just so you can see where you are going when leaving the car back your house kind of thing no options for when unlocking the car
MrStrudders

Post by MrStrudders »

I’ve sussed it out, so when you walk away from the car the car locks by itself. Then When I go to unlock the car with the key fob no lights turn on when the car unlocks, however if I get out the car and press the lock button on the fob, then walk away then come back and instead of letting the car do the keyless entry I press the unlock button on the fob all the lights come on, it’s done it ever single time I’ve used the fob to unlock the car, for some reason using the keyless entry and lock feature the car lights do not turn on, on a car unlock unless you use the fob to lock first then unlock.