Astra Ultimate Ambient Lighting

All Vauxhall Astra L related discussions
fialko66

Post by fialko66 »

Just checking if the Astra Ultimate has the ambient lighting, and if so does anyone have issues with it. I have a 2022 Ultimate and I can change the ambient colours in the settings but there is no ambient lighting anywhere (footwells, door panels etc).

Is there something else i need to switch on for this to work?

Xero

Post by Xero »

I don't have the ultimate, but have the GSe which has a similar spec. Will check next time I'm in, but I have ambient lighting in the door storage, footwells and inside the phone charging bay. It's white at the moment, but haven't looked for the colour settings yet. Unless you're mistaking the lighting associated with screen colours? That lighting setting is the 2 LED strips down the door panel, I don't think they change anything else.
fialko66

Post by fialko66 »

Xero wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:29 pm I don't have the ultimate, but have the GSe which has a similar spec. Will check next time I'm in, but I have ambient lighting in the door storage, footwells and inside the phone charging bay. It's white at the moment, but haven't looked for the colour settings yet. Unless you're mistaking the lighting associated with screen colours? That lighting setting is the 2 LED strips down the door panel, I don't think they change anything else.
Thank you for replying and maybe those strips are not there. There are 2 settings, the one that changes the screen colours and the second let me chnage the colours but nothing happens anywhere
Xero

Post by Xero »

fialko66 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:11 pm
Xero wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:29 pm I don't have the ultimate, but have the GSe which has a similar spec. Will check next time I'm in, but I have ambient lighting in the door storage, footwells and inside the phone charging bay. It's white at the moment, but haven't looked for the colour settings yet. Unless you're mistaking the lighting associated with screen colours? That lighting setting is the 2 LED strips down the door panel, I don't think they change anything else.
Thank you for replying and maybe those strips are not there. There are 2 settings, the one that changes the screen colours and the second let me chnage the colours but nothing happens anywhere
Yes, that setting is for the LED strips that run down the bottom of the diagonal silver door trim (as seen in the pic below). They should be there in the Ultimate trim though, if you don't see them then perhaps get your local Vauxhall garage to check it? I'll take photos of mine this weekend to show you.

kzaruz

Post by kzaruz »

You should have lighting under the footwell & door pockets. These stay a solid white and the colour cannot be changed. There is a LED strip on the Silver trim, this is what the colour changes.

Mine is currently not working, randomly stopped after getting a recall for a Camera issue, and they haven't worked since. Been sorting under warranty, going back in on 22nd Dec to hopefully sort. Mine is a 2022 ultimate and it definitely has ambient lighting, worked before. Yours may be faulty as well, warranty team are dealing with it with vauxhall technical.
Xero

Post by Xero »

Must be a fault. Should look like this (have kept mine blue for electric/hybrid, and orange for sport). Can see the door pocket white ambience below, can't quite see the footwell ones from that angle.

ImageImage
Deanplant6

Post by Deanplant6 »

Try doing a factory reset
srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

I'm a bit disappointed with how subtle the ambient lighting is, was hoping for something similar to my previous cars.