Update - Speaker System

All Vauxhall Astra L related discussions
Kieran1903

Post by Kieran1903 »

I wanted to give everyone an update to the issue i raised in regards to sound from the speakers.

Vauxhall gave me a date to check with the garage in 5 months... with the likelihood that speakers wouldn't be covered under warranty due to wear and tear, unless it's deemed as a clear and obvious issue.

I have since took the car to a local person who specializes in audio systems. He ran a few tests and determined the speakers are fine, and wants to take a closer look at the wiring and amplification at a later date.

I hope this isn't correct as it will be a pain to sort, but he suspects that because it's a GS line with 8 speakers, not the 6, they haven't factored in the correct amplification, so at higher music levels, Distortion and volume reduction will occur.

I also spoke to someone else on another forum who has the exact same issue, he too has a GS line with 8 speakers, not the 6. So if you do have the same set up, check it out the next time you are driving. Note: When you first enter the car, music at loud volume will work okay temporarily until you drive off. It then reduces significantly and distorts.

Will keep this thread posted as i attempt to resolve this little frustrating issue :lol:

Want to say though, other than this issue, this is one of the best cars i have owned.

2022 Vauxhall Astra L - GS Line - 1.6 PHEV w/hud, 8 speakers & 18" alloys

srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

That's absolutely ridiculous they won't look at it for that long. Is that the dealer you bought from?