The results of my astra being smashed into 😭

Post pictures of your Vauxhall Astra L here
Rockinpieces

Post by Rockinpieces »

The results of a moron of a HGV driver driving down a cul-de-sac & running my christmas 😭 (left no details & buggered off but was caught on cctv) curiously my alarm didn't go off dispite it being smashed into so I'm not sure if I should contact Vauxhall about that & for anyone wanting to know the damage ££ it's estimated to be £3,200 atm for a new wing +brackets for it, new wing mirror, new alloy & the bumper & door repaired & it all respraying to match hell knows when it'll be done tho with the time of year this all happened on the 18th and apparently the manufacturers close for 2 weeks over Xmas & new years & the garage closed till the 2nd too 😭 missing all my gadgets in my astra already

20231218_130307.jpg

20231218_130304.jpg

20231218_120603.jpg

MELenium2000

Post by MELenium2000 »

Hi
Sorry to hear about your accident, I hope everything turns out OK and not to long for you to wait for the repairs
Rockinpieces

Post by Rockinpieces »

MELenium2000 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:31 pm Hi
Sorry to hear about your accident, I hope everything turns out OK and not to long for you to wait for the repairs
Not so much my accident it was parked I was happily snoozing in bed aha but thanks I hope so too
srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

What a nightmare, he did a proper job of that. Hope you get sorted very soon. What's the estimate as to when it will be done?
Rockinpieces

Post by Rockinpieces »

srscott44 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:46 pm What a nightmare, he did a proper job of that. Hope you get sorted very soon. What's the estimate as to when it will be done?
Not sure tbh I'm hoping I'll get it back in a week or so I had a proper pain in the arse with the vauxhall dealership turns out my car had locking wheel nuts on it despite them ensuring me when I picked it up that it didn't & there was no key to take it off so they were delayed starting work & I was calling back & forth between the garage & dealership cause they said they'd cover the removal & replacement costs 🤷😂 but we're now upto approx £4500 in costs I just want my own car back it's been to cold to be doing without my heated seats & steering wheel the hire car is crap lol
srscott44

Post by srscott44 »

Rockinpieces wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:24 pm
srscott44 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:46 pm What a nightmare, he did a proper job of that. Hope you get sorted very soon. What's the estimate as to when it will be done?
Not sure tbh I'm hoping I'll get it back in a week or so I had a proper pain in the arse with the vauxhall dealership turns out my car had locking wheel nuts on it despite them ensuring me when I picked it up that it didn't & there was no key to take it off so they were delayed starting work & I was calling back & forth between the garage & dealership cause they said they'd cover the removal & replacement costs 🤷😂 but we're now upto approx £4500 in costs I just want my own car back it's been to cold to be doing without my heated seats & steering wheel the hire car is crap lol
Wow, that's seems really expensive for what looks like a wing, door, mirror and repair on the bumper. Not sure what else though. Yea, hire cars tend to be crap. I'd a BMW X1 at one stage and it gave me enough problems that I got friendly with the guy who ran the Enterprise Depot I was using. He knew I was into cars and gave me a new 430 Grand Sport and on another occasion at 530d.