Faulty Alarm? - keeps going off when locked by button

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra L
Bobmoo79

Post by Bobmoo79 »

Hi everyone, long time Astra driver here and I have a query about my latest ride.

I recently acquired a 72 plate Astra GS and the alarm is causing me some confusion.

If I close the door and walk away, the car beeps, locks, mirrors fold in and everything seems fine.
If I lock the car by pressing the lock button on the key then within a couple of minutes the alarm is blaring. Every.single.time.

What am I doing wrong?!?

I don't think I ever heard the alarm on either of my two previous Astras unless I accidentally locked the car with my son/wife inside (don't judge :-) )

Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

Hey, just to let you know that this is a known concern and you should make a visit to your local dealer who will replace the alarm ecu that is fitted within your courtesy lights in the roof.
Bobmoo79

Post by Bobmoo79 »

Thanks for letting me know Ronnie.
The car's booked in tomorrow so hopefully they'll just sort it but I'll post an update either way. Handy to know this is a known issue.
Bobmoo79

Post by Bobmoo79 »

When I dropped the car off the dealer told me there were 2 recalls on the vehicle that needed to be addressed by software update. Apparently my issue was resolved when they applied the updates and it does seem to be working fine now.