Welcome sound crackling

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra L
Rick241981

Post by Rick241981 »

Hi, anyone noticed that the welcome sound when entering their car crackles. I’ve had the car for 5 days and it’s been doing it every time I enter the car.

kzaruz

Post by kzaruz »

Not from the welcoming sound, but I hear crackling during some songs - and it's always the same song that causes it. It crackles / vibrates the driver door, assuming from the speaker - never enough to bother me to get it checked
PXProgrammer

Post by PXProgrammer »

Hello,

Yes, I get that Welcome sound at times, but not always. It is more like a stuttering for me, i.e. the sound pauses then goes again.

More worryingly I sometimes get the indicator sound not repeating regularly but pausing then 2 sounds together.
I am not sure if the indicators actually flash at the same time as the sound, if so, it would look odd if someone was following me.

I have the hybrid and I think it may be related to voltage of the battery under the drivers arm rest. If it has been running on EV with for a week or so then the battery level can get low, causing the petrol engine to run to top it up.
Andy J

Post by Andy J »

Hi I have had the welcome sound crackle more so when it was cold and had the indicators make no noise or pulse at a random speed. Currently waiting for it to go back as the whole system shut down whilst driving and issues with the radio not working from time to time. I think there are some known issues around the stability of the software and we await the boffins to provide the update.